RCM 19 Row Oil Cooler Kit Subaru Impreza 2008-2012
Engine oil teperatures are key to maintaining a healthy engine as well as performance. Under hard driving conditions oil temperatures naturally raise as a greater heat is generated from the faster moving engine components. With oil temperatures greatly increased the viscosity of the oil naturally thins lessening its ability to efficiently lubricate precious engine components which eventually leads to premature wear and in extreme cases engine failure.
Our cooler kit has been specifically designed to combat the above problem and ensure your temperatures maintain a safe level. Choosing only the best possible components our kit not only cures rising engine temperatures but is built to last with no compromise on quality.
During the design process of our oil cooler kit, location and fitment played an important factor. Naturally the core needed to catch as much cold flowing air as possible in order for the cooling effect to be at its best, additionally it would be advantageous if the cooler could locate somewhere on the vehicle where it would not be necessary to drill into the body. After much time spent in R&D followed by road tests and power runs on the Dyno the perfect solution was formed. The mounting bracket for our cooler fits snuggly behind the front upper grill using existing mounting points and clips already found present on the vehicle. The cooler itself can be fitted within minutes, but perhaps even more beneficial is its access to a vast amount of fast moving cold air.
Each RCM oil cooler kit is supplied with the choice of either a 10 or 19 Row Setrab Core. Setrab's cores are renowned for strength and quality, with working temperatures from -40°C to 150°C and a maximum burst pressure of 37 Bar(g), these coolers are more than qualified for the job and will provide long term reliability as well as consistent performance.
Leading Aeropquip manufacturers Goodridge produce pre-assembled lines to our specification using their latest -8 200 Series stainless steel braided nitrile hose. Designed to Goodridge’s exacting specifications this hose has been supplied to motorsport racing champions for many years. 200 Hose provides essential protection and resistance to high pressure, temperature, vibration, fire risks and chafing. It is constructed of a seamless synthetic CPE inner with an integral stainless steel braid and a high tensile stainless steel outer braid. 200 Series hose has the highest corrosion and fire resistance threshold of any stainless braided nitrile hose available, but lets not stop there! In addition our lines are covered with a silicone covered sleeve which acts as a secondary fire retardant, insulator and chafe protector. With the fireproof sleeve having operating temperatures from -54°C to 260°C and short term fire protection of up to an impressive 1090°C our lines surpass all safety, reliability and performance requirements. To finish, each line end is fitted with a Goodridge re-usable alloy fitting precisely engineered to fit 200 Series Hose. Their Aerospace standard Triple Seal/Double O-ring nitrile, cutter design ensures a secure, leak free connection every time and allow for any required alignment with their 360-degree swivel ends.
Each kit is supplied with a choice of either a "Black Hardened Powder coated" Steel or "Brushed Finish" Stainless Steel mounting bracket. Laser cut and skillfully folded into position the brackets also feature pressed fixings for the oil cooler core to attach to and swaged holes to reduce weight and improve rigidity and strength.
The final vital component is the Thermostatically Controlled Oil Sandwich Plate. Manufactured so the oil lines can be directed at multiple angles the plate proudly offers the best possible fitting for all variants of exhaust manifolds (including Twin Scroll, Equal Length and Un-Equal Length), something not offered by most competitors. Additionally there are two spare ports for those who wish to run oil temperature and pressure sensors (also supplied with blanks should these not be required) along with a replacement extended union to allow fitment of both the plate and oil filter. The built in thermostat opens at 85°C allowing ample engine temperatures to be reached before further engine oil cooling is required.
This 19 row kit contains a stainless steel mounting bracket RCM1733
• Core Dimensions: 19 Row 165x143x50 (mm) | 10 Row 165x80x50 (mm).
• Max Pressure: 12Bar(g) | Burst pressure 37Bar(g).
• Working Temperature: -40°C to 150°C.
• Max Connection Tightening Torque: 40NM.
• Oil Line Adapter Thread: M22 (supplied with M22 to -8 Male / Male alloy adapters).
• Material: Goodridge 200 series -8 Braided Nitrile Hose.
• Flame Guard: Goodridge 200 series | Operating Temperatures -54°C to 260°C | Max temperature short term 1090°C.
• Fittings: X4 -8 236 JIC 90° Swept Alloy (Cutter style, Re-usable). Supplied pre assembled.
Oil Cooler Sandwich Plate:
• Alloy Thermostatic Control Plate | Thermostat opens at 85°C.
• Supplied with X2 Male / Male fittings | AN-8 to join oil lines.
• Supplied with X2 blanking ports for sensor mounts. 1/8PT
• Includes X1 Oil filter / sandwich plate adapter bolt M20 X1.5
• Thermostatically controlled
• Provides additional engine oil cooling under high temperatures.
• Helps to maintain stable engine temperatures.
• Prolongs engine life
• Easy, neat fitment with no need for modifications to the body / chassis of the car.
• Installs directly behind the upper front grill catching the best possible air flow whilst adding an improved appearance.
• Supplied with pre assembled oil lines.
Impreza WRX & STI (Including Spec-C) 2008-2012.